Hello & welcome!
My name is Carly, & I'm a Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist.
I specialize in the prevention, assessment, and treatment of speech, language and communication delays and disorders for children ages birth to 5 years.
Some of the most common things I have heard over the years from parents of my speech and language therapy clients are:
"I wish I had known these strategies earlier in my child's life."
"What can I be doing at home to help improve my child's communication skills?
"What will help them talk and understand more?"
"Which skills do they need support in learning before starting kindergarten?"
This feedback inspired me to start sharing ideas for families with young children on Instagram and speaking at more events for parents.
My hope is that you'll find useful strategies, tips, and inspiration related to speech & language development and early childhood learning.
I work with children and families in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia while connecting to families elsewhere via this website.
Have a questions about speech & language development? Feel free to reach out! I would love to hear from you.
Here is a bit about my professional qualifications:
- Over 10 years experience as a pediatric speech-language pathologist working with kids with diverse abilities in public and private clinics and schools.
- M.A. Communicative Disorders
- B.A. Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Certificate of Clinical Competence issued by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Registered by the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of British Columbia
- Hanen Certified It Takes Two to Talk
- Hanen Certified More Than Words
- Trained in "Social Thinking" for young learners
- Advanced level PROMPT training
- Advanced training in Picture Exchange Communication (PECS)
- Training in applied behavior analysis (ABA)
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Wee Talkers started as an Instagram account during the summer of 2017. I wanted a fun way to share ideas with my clients to help support their young child's language development... like easy little tips & reminders related to ideas I would share with families during therapy sessions.
Soon after, I began speaking at local meet-ups for moms to share ways to support their child's early learning.
Tips for parents on Instagram: